This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Monday, April 4, 2011

A blast from Preschool Past

As part of my 40 bags committment (also so that I can function without needing to BE committed) it was high time to clean out my desk.  The drawers were so jam packed that the current filing was stacking up so high it was falling all over!  One of the key offenders to jamming up my filing drawer was Jack's school mementos from preschool all the way to today.  I keep a file for each child, for each year.  But after five years in the system, Jack's stack is about 7 inches thick! 

Today I started the project of weeding through each year's keepsake work and filing it in a handy new tote with 24 legal-sized sleeves.  It should last through college! 

One surprise was that a page of his preschool memories was covered in oil from a snow globe project that exploded in his bag that day.  It had degraded to the point that it's barely legible now, and was starting to bleed through to the other papers.  So it's got to get tossed.  But I wanted to record it here so it wouldn't  be lost completely.

ALL ABOUT ME AT PIED PIPER PRESCHOOL

At school, I liked to play with the blocks
My friends at school were Heather and Joseph
When I went outside I liked to do everything!
My favorite stories were about Miss Spider's Tea Party

My teachers were
Mrs. Pigeon, Mrs. Isenor and Mrs. Braddock.

No comments: