This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Beach Day in Fall

Oh my heavens have we been having some technical difficulties here.  My trusty Sony Vaio is headed the way of the dinosaurs (currently held together by duct tape and prayers) but I have been desperately working with it to try and finish editing some VIPs, or Very Important Pictures.  Add to that a busy life that never seems to offer me time to blog and well, you have August in November, that's what you have!

There was a special day on Cape Cod that I wasn't able to mention yet, when my awesome college girlfriends and their families joined the party for a day at the beach, and an evening barbecue at Lookoff Cottage.  It was so monumentally awesome that I don't have too many pictures of the fun, except for in my memories.  



We shucked ears upon ears of corn, or COHN as it's called down cape.


Marc's mowhawk power, and Ted's supervision helped power through grilling 40+ burgers, 40+ dogs and any other form of meat they had available on Peapod (because there's no grocery store nearby)


These GLORIOUS caprese kabobs were skewered Jodi, the best sister-in-law that's not my sister-in-law I could ever ask for.  She's a kabob queen!  (and she has ridiculous abs, but I don't hold that against her).

Dessert!
(they don't have Hoodsies in Illinois, we were so excited)
  

Here's my crew!  Debbie, Alex, Missy, yours truly and Shelley
(thanks Missy and Shelley for making me look like I have ridiculous abs...all an illusion, but one I'll enjoy!)

And our minis...

Front row: Jane, Brady, Elisabeth, Ryan, Will,  Drew, Rachael.
Middle Row: Molly and Ben
Back Row: Mia, Emma, Abby, Grace, Sarah, Jack, Mary and JT

At one point on the beach earlier in the day, Phil counted 27 children!  These were the holdouts that made it past sunset.  The Fabulous Fabry family had to hightail it to the hospital, where miss Fiona had just been welcomed into the world.  But not before we tortured sweet Sean into putting his First Communion suit onto his freshly sunburned body and smiling (wincing?) for the camera. 

First, the warm-up act....

Colin, "It's a shame he's such a wallflower" Fabry


Don't you love a guy who's in touch with his serious side too?


Princess Maggie
(with an authentic Irish sparkle in her eye)


And finally, 'tis himself...


Quietly taking directions


His strawberry blond lashes long enough to tickle his freckles.


So handsome in his suit!

This one's from the other angle in case his mother likes his hair better. 
I airbrushed out most of the bright white sunscreen still in his hair Julie!


Aaah!  The money shot! 
Those baby blues look more like the Caribbean than the Atlantic they are so aqua!

Such a good kid, that Sean Paul Fabry.
Smart as a whip, kind as can be, a heart of gold,
and a feisty little brother and sister to always keep things interesting.

What more could you ask for?

It was a perfect day!  So perfect that I hardly remember the frantic search for my car keys (Deb and Eileen), the couch vomit (Molly), the lost blankie (Mia), the bawling-crying-hyperventilating homesickness (Sarah), the buckets upon buckets of sand in places sand should not be, or the twentyeleven towels to wash.

Yep.  A perfect, Cape Cod beach day.

2 comments:

julie said...

OMG!!!! I love the "money shot" you really are so great at this picture thing!! All of them are awesome!!! Can I bug you for an email so that I can print out the last one? xox

m said...

Beth, your posts are worth waiting for. They never disappoint. What's so amazing, is that your words are just as beautiful as your pictures of beautiful people. You are quite the complete package, my dear!