Last year I took about 500 photos (okay, it was more like 800, but who's counting?), four hours of video and got so completely overwhelmed at the thought of blogging it all....that I didn't! This year I kept that lesson in the back of my mind, and am so happy to be blogging Christmas on December 26th!
These cherubs look so sweet. Don't let that fool you! They woke their groggy parents up at 5:04am, prior to even the crack of dawn. It wasn't pretty before that first cuppa Joe.
In fact, I couldn't even find my camera in the dark until present-opening was well underway.
So I washed and dried the kids' Christmas Eve PJs and had them put them back on Christmas night to pose in front of the tree to make up for the pictures I didn't snap!
It was a quiet chaos as everyone opened all of the wonderful gifts Santa left for them.
Someone asked Santa for an "Amerucun Girl"
Someone also asked Santa for a husky puppy. He brought husky HATS instead.
Mommy and Daddy were just FINE with that, thankyouverymuch.
Our rule is no puppies until everyone can wipe their own bums.
(Still not there yet)
Someone told Mommy two days before Christmas that Santa was going to bring him a Science Kit.
Good thing Santa got the memo.
Science Experiments were being performed before the sun came up.
And continued long into the day.
I swear I didn't pose him with the magnifying glass.
When he says he's going to be scientist when he grows up?
He's serious.
The moment the sun came up,
and with clear warnings that he was to be quiet and not knock on any doors looking for friends,
a very happy 9 year old was riding his new bike down the street.
It has GEARS!
He's been begging for a year, and shot down repeatedly by mom and dad,
so even though it wasn't on his list, Santa came through!
He said Santa couldn't have done a better job,
which was quite the compliment seeing as how he didn't get a single thing that was on his list.
Because his list was ludicrous! It included everything from a cell phone to his own iMac.
He aims high, this one.
Santa also did something extra special this year. He brought DADDY a bike too!!
To celebrate, since the weather was mild (40 degrees in December, yay!) after lunch we all went on an inaugural Christmas bike ride. Molly rode her own bike, which was quite a feat considering she's never made it out of the neighborhood. Ben rode in Mom's trailer, and Dad and Jack tested out their new wheels. It was FANTASTIC! And hopefully the beginning of something we can enjoy as a family for many years to come.
Cuteness Alert! Molly dressed in her new coat and hat for the trip.
It reminds me of one her cousin Corey had when she was little.
Transformer Alert!
Ben brought his buddy along for the ride too - I could hear him singing to his new Transformer the whole way from the trailer. Because he doesn't just act out his fantasies, he does so in song.
Someday, if there's ever a Transformer musical, this kid is going to be involved.
Once we got back, the boys had fun playing with a new toy,
Xbox 360 Kinect.
(I think Daddy had the most fun!)
We ended our day spending time with some of our favorite people.
For a certain special someone, it was his very FIRST Christmas!
And a very Merry Christmas it was!






















1 comment:
So proud of you! Forget it, I also took away less photos but still haven't managed to blog. I'll let you keep on doing the great job you are and jump back in any day now...
But MOLLY? In that hat and coat? Thanks for the cuteness alert because it was deserving of a level red alert.
And BEN, the scientist? Bless him for the two minutes per experiment I'm sure he was quiet.
And JACK? God bless a boy with a bike. Now he can run and get you milk.
But Marc? With the kinect? I'm sitting here writing to you while my DH plays table tennis with his mom on the same gaming device. Hilarious.
It looks like Cam and family were under the magic spell of Baby's First Christmas. What a happy day for them!
What about your Xmax, dear Beth? I hope Santa was good to you, too!
Post a Comment