This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break

We enjoyed a nice long staycation this year for Spring Break.  Marc was swamped at work, so the kids and I had a blast on a few excursions, and a lot of playing at home with all our friends.  

We had tea parties...






Played games and found treasures in the back yard...



Had the time of our lives at LegoLand...


Went on rides...




Won contests...

Did a little shopping (and a lot of coveting)...

Enjoyed Spring...


Went out to eat and celebrated cousin Melissa visiting...


Had fun getting ready for Easter...










And as the final, crowing glory to the week, someone whose name rhymes with SMACK, won FIRST PLACE in his karate tournament!!!



He may have been a smidgen excited...




He REALLY outdid himself.  See for yourself! 


What he is saying is

"Representing Sharkey's Karate Studios, my name is Jack Mallett.  My style is Shorei-Ryu, I will be performing Wansu.  With your permission, I will begin.  Thank you judges."

Man, how I wish I could get him to talk to me that politely!  Though as an aside, I have to note that the waitress at Maggiano's where we ate that evening, said Jack was THE most polite boy she'd ever met!


It was kind of a great day to be Jack Mallett :)  

The surprise and sheer GLEE on his face when he realized he'd won first place (with a new form, no less!) is something I'm so glad Marc caught on video.  He was so stunned, he stood there in amazement and had to be prompted to shake the judges hands!

Way to go Jack - we are all SUPER proud of you!!

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

What a proud moment for Jack!! Big Congrats to him...tell him big Max has his blackbelt too! :)

PS you look AWESOME. I need to come visit soon...maybe an IKEA trip is needed....

julie said...

Sean was very excited for Jack!! wanted to know if he got the next belt!! and his next comment was "WOW thats a big trophy"..congrats Jack!! Love the Fabry's

ktegn said...

Looks like you all had a fun-filled Spring Break!! :) We are so proud of Jack! I showed Corey the picture of Jack vs. the trophy and the video. He loved it! We can't wait to see Jack's moves in person this summer!

Megan said...

Way to go, Jack!! That is awesome.

Dawn said...

Way to go, Jack!

I love Ben's facial expressions in the family shots with the karate star.

Beth said...

Do you like how he's pointing with his middle finger? I don' know WHY, but he's been flipping the bird every time he tries to point at something!

Thanks for all the congrats for Jack!

Dawn said...

I noticed that! Love it. He is so cute.

You look great!

m said...

Fun filled awesome Spring Break with the AWESOME trophy as the icing on top! Congratulations, Jack!