Disney was pretty much the focus of our fall this year, but there was some other really cool stuff that happened too!
SCHOOL PICTURES!!
I used to send them in blind, depending on the photographer to make things go well.
I learned the hard way that that does not work at ALL.
Now we have a morning prep session of smiling in the mirror to see what looks good, and what looks WIERD. The kids can see for themselves what works and what doesn't, and they're old enough to use that information when the moment of truth comes.
It totally worked this year!!
You can't even tell that Molly had a snaggletooth waiting to fall out.
It was hinged FORWARD, sticking straight out in front, and could not be coaxed out, or down.
When she smiled big, it looked like this...
Luckily, our practice paid off and she looked like her lovely self in the picture, instead of Nanny McPhee!
HOMECOMING!!
We didn't go to homecoming, but our neighbor Alexa did.
We didn't go to homecoming, but our neighbor Alexa did.
She's a sophomore at Nequa Valley High School down the street.
And knowing that Molly is a princess-loving sort of a girl,
my friend Becky (Alexa's mom) invited us to the pre-homecoming picture-taking.
As the sign might let on....this was no ordinary event.
Becky should be a caterer, and a decorator! There were at least 20 kids, and all their parents in attendance. Becky had a SPREAD set out, and the parents stayed and enjoyed themselves after the kids left.
I have a while to wait before anyone in my house attends homecoming,
but you'd better believe I took notes!
And the DRESSES!!
Oh my, these girls looked nothing like we did at Prom.
We looked like 16 year olds playing dress up.
These girls looked like supermodels headed to the Oscars!
Molly may sneak in and steal Alexa's dress she loved it so much.
It was PURPLE! (how cute is it that they matched, and not even on purpose!)
And it had a BUTTERFLY on the back! In CRYSTALS!!
We are so blessed to have neighbors that in the midst of a huge shindig,
a big ole deal for their baby girl...
think of our baby girl, and let her in on the fun.
SLIMEY PLAY DATE!!
Once school started and it was just Ben and I at home,
we got kind of bored with each other.
He needed some buddies to play with,
and I needed some mommies to hang out with.
So we came up with a plan.
Ben was the mastermind and I was the details gal.
We invited ten of his buddies and their moms.
Ibaked bought some delicious pumpkin muffins and had plenty of pumpkin spice coffee on hand.
And we used a youtube video as our recipe
I
And we used a youtube video as our recipe
for making a big batch of polymer slime to play with.
I had to shop around to find clear Elmer's glue, but it was so worth it.
(we finally found it at Michaels for $2 a bottle)
The chemical reaction to turn the two liquids into slime was INSTANT!
TAH-DAH!
The fun it created was instant too!
Collin and Colin and Brady and Ben were the first to get their hands in it.
They were in ooey gooey heaven!
Even the moms had to try it!
(This is my friend Carrie, whose hair I've been trying to emulate)
Ben and his buddy Colin were the two most smitten with the slime.
They got the brilliant idea to stick all of Ben's 'guys' in the slime in order to rescue them.
They also thought to add water to the slime to make it more slippery.
Future scientists of America, here is your competition!!
I sent each of the boys home with a baggie of slime - we still have ours weeks later, and Ben can't stop talking about making more!




No comments:
Post a Comment