This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Musings from the Trenches

I try to pick up the house every night before bed so that we will wake up to a clean slate and start our day from a place of order and serenity.  

And yet every morning between the hours of 7 and 9, the place gets wrecked like a demolition site.  It honestly looks like a tornado ripped through, and takes at least another two hours to put back together.  I'm not laying blame here, because it's a team effort, this wrecking ball of ours.  
I'm just saying that 
it's CRAZY.

But what's EVEN MORE CRAZY??
Every day, after Maeve and I put Molly and Ben on the bus and come home to start our day, *IT SURPRISES ME* as if I've never seen such a thing before in all my life!  I shake my head in disbelief, utter some startled noises and go pour myself a cup of coffee to try and figure out what the HECK happened.

Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.
Every ding dong day.
Crazy, I tell you.

1 comment:

m said...

And all the things that you signed up to do keep interrupting your rinse repeat every ding dong day. I swear, I know what they mean by scheduling "me-time" for yourself.