This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Saturday, August 23, 2014

Back to School Prep


In getting the kids ready for school, I also need to get me ready for school! Since Maeve was born I have found that my old way of keeping things organized on my desk is no longer working.  The problem is that I never get out of the kitchen and laundry room long enough to visit my desk, so I it ends up a dumping ground and I continually steal my calendar away to the kitchen and never quite get caught up properly.

So this year, I racked my brain to find a spot for a command center in the desk-less kitchen with no wall space (where on earth do you hang a calendar in that situation, eh?  Just more evidence that a man designed my kitchen!)

I finally found a spot on the side of my oven, but it was too small for my current calendar.  In order to maximize the space, and solve a few other problems at the same time , I decided to make my own.  It's a 16x20" calendar modeled on some designs I saw and liked online.  I'll frame in an old frame I already have and use as a dry erase perpetual calendar.  I think it's super cute - I just hope it's functional as well!

In case you have a need for one of your own, you can download it by clicking on the link below!

16X20" JOY IN THE JOURNEY PERPETUAL CALENDAR



2 comments:

Dawn said...

I use a dry erase calendar, color coded for each member of the family- lifesaver!

m said...

Awesome! I, too, have no walls in the kitchen. Blessing? The calendar is super cute!