I found Ben in the bathroom with a gallon sized Ziploc bag, a straw, and a cup full of water. One end of the straw was in the cup, and the other end was inside the Ziploc bag.
He told me he'd built a contraption that would take the water from the cup and put it in the bag. When I asked him how he planned to do that exactly, he told me he hadn't figured it out yet.
I mentioned that he probably needed a siphon, which she'd never heard of. I told him we could Google it later and I'd explain to him what it was. Then I went to finish cleaning up dinner in the kitchen.
Four minutes later he came into the kitchen with a Ziploc bag full of water and told Molly that his contraption worked! Thinking that he probably dumped the water in the Ziploc bag and was fibbing, I asked him what he did to get the water through the straw into the bag.
He said, "All I had to do was cut a little hole in the straw and use my mouth to suck the water through! Once I got it going, the straw sucked it all through!"
Well little dude, I guess you know what a siphon is, because you just built one.
And this, folks, is just one of the reasons why there is never a dull moment around here! With little brother following in big brother's mad scientist footsteps, I'm just hoping that no one builds a nuclear reactor in the garage...unless it powers a time machine, in which case I call dibs on the first ride!

No comments:
Post a Comment