It's taken me all week, but I think I finally figured out how to show pictures the way I take them. Which would be a sort of photographic stream of consciousness presented in snippets of life's big and little events. LOTS of snippets. Because I photograph like I talk. Which is ALOT.
I had to be able to share all of these images because last Friday was just the best day EVER! If you ever want to know for sure if you've made an impression on the people around you, moving is a sure fire way to flush out their true feelings! We have had more love poured out on us in the last few months than I ever could have imagined possible. And this night was the culmination of it all!
First, I got to drive into 'town' with my best friend, then we were off to lunch with our hubbies. We got ready for the night's festivities at the swankiest hotel I've seen this side of New York City, with views of our old neighborhood in Beacon Hill no less. Then it was on to an AMAZING party in Hahvid Squayah including food, drink, and live music by Borough of Kings, an awesome band that went out of their way to throw a little 80's rock and roll my way. Old and new friends came out of the woodwork to wish us well on our journey, and gave us so many thoughtful gifts, it was overwhelming.
It was just blessing after blessing to the point that we were bursting with happiness (and sangria!). And you would think that it would make us even SADDER to leave, with all that goodness directed our way. But the opposite was true! Knowing how strong our bonds with our friends are made it even easier to focus on the future, because we were reminded without a doubt that no matter how far we go and for how long, our friends are behind us 100%
It doesn't get much better than that!


No comments:
Post a Comment