This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy One Month Anniversary to US!

Yesterday marked ONE MONTH since we boarded that jet plane and headed west.   I didn't want it to pass unnoticed, so I hung streamers over the kitchen table, left a new book for each child and a big sign that said HAPPY 1ST MONTH IN NAPERVILLE!!  We had dinner on the patio and snuggled under blankets as the sun set.  We tried to wait for Marc, but he took a circuitous route home and finally we had to eat cake without him.  I made an old fashioned (as in 1970s old fashioned, haha!) Jello Poke Cake with Cool Whip frosting.  It was HEAVENLY!  

It's been a good month.  Moments of misery crept in - mostly due to crabby people with upset routines and rhythms due to the volume of effort needed to get a new house in order.  But this too shall pass, and hopefully, all the good things will fill in the gaps.

2 comments:

julie said...

WOW!!! I cant beleive its been a month!!! That cake sounds awesome. i remember them! Miss you all!!!

McLeodx5 said...

You're a good mom - What a fun way to celebrate your one monthiversary!