This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Saturday, September 11, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Penguins, Oh My!

Our neighbor Chris invited us to the zoo today while the big kids were at school.  Ben had so much fun running around - I'm not sure he cared so much about the animals, but the RUNNING was a big hit.  And the climbing.  And the big jungle gym at the end.  On the way back, I got to sit next to him in the back of the minivan, which was a treat for both of us because I'm always in the driver's seat!  He cupped my face with his hand and said "Mama, you're the best mama."  And it was worth all the chasing him all over the zoo and the hovering underneath him on the jungle gym so he wouldn't land on his head, and the missing a nap and the bees swarming our lunch. 

We'll be back Brookfield Zoo - and next time we're bringing the whole crazy bunch!










This little guy had a thing for Ben.  There was a man who had been standing there trying to get a picture of him through the glass for a while, but the penguin would never cooperate.  Ben got in his way and I went to move him so the man could take a picture, but he said "Oh no, please don't take him - the penguin keeps coming by to see him!"  Sure enough, the penguin came right up to the glass and nuzzled at Ben over and over, trying to get him to play!  Ben could have cared less, but we had a fun time watching!


Finally - the playground.  He had found his bliss!



Going to try something new today and see if I can't link to the whole photo album through Shutterfly.  I'll always post my favorites to the blog, but the rest are fun too!  The password is "mallett" if you need it.


No comments: