THANK FULL. Truly. We drove away from Nana and Papa's house at 4:33pm, and here I sit, at 10:49pm (CT - Chicago Time), freshly showered, completely unpacked, laundry running, children nestled all snug in their beds, husband scarfing down pasta because the trip went so well he didn't even get grumpy with me that he missed dinner because I took too long getting mine.
Here I sit, freshly showered (airport germs - eek!!) while my pictures upload, mentally recounting our first trip back to Massachusetts since we started calling Naperville 'home'. Five days, four nights which included two flights, one hour change in time, one really LARGE rental car, two Thanksgivings, an impromptu meeting with old neighbors, a pottery painting excursion, multiple hours swinging in Nana's backyard, one sleepover, a trip to the beach, and two dinners out with friends...with the negatives of only TWO toddler meltdowns and one missing cell phone (that was thankfully found quickly).
That is about as flawless a trip as we could ever hope to get. In fact, I must admit, it was even MORE flawless than we could ever hope to get. We just don't *do* flawless around here! So you can bet there was some fist pumping, high fiving and butt slapping going on in celebration of our success before loading the minivan for the ride home from O'Hare.
Pictures are uploading. And we are FULL of THANKS.
Okay! Got 'em!
2 comments:
Loved all your photos! I can't believe your trip out here came and went so fast!! I hope you had a wonderful time out here. All of us soooo enjoyed having you guys back!! See you Friday!! xoxo
What a great trip! I was wondering how the nostalgia would work out for you all. I'm glad to hear it went very smoothly.
Now, who do I call to order one of those turkey sandwiches at the end of the slide show??
Post a Comment