![]() |
| Can you find the picture crasher? |
We had to say goodbye today to some of our favorite people in the whole world. Auntie Judy and her girls had to head back to New York. Thank goodness for Christmas presents and puppies that could distract Jack, Molly and Ben from their grief!
They packed so much fun into the last four days; shopping trips, movie nights (and days), fashion shows, talent shows, magic shows, arts and crafts, snow fort building, and much more. I think they all realized that the time between visits has stretched longer and longer over the last year or two, due to all the changes and choices in our lives. That's why I let them stay up late, told extra-long bedtime stories, ignored some infractions that would usually require discipline...I wanted them to have every minute they could together.
I almost forgot how much I adore my nieces, but they reminded me in short order! Corey at 17, turning into a young woman, with her gentle, sweet (and sometimes painful) sentimental heart..Abigail at 10 with her lanky legs and dark glasses, ever the perfectionist, working hard to follow the rules and make everything just right...Sarah at 8 with her big brown eyes and rock and roll spirit that just draws the other kids in wanting to be near her...and loveable, cuddly, 7 year old Jane with the temper that comes out of left field to knock her opponents between the eyes.
All four so different, yet each wonderful in their own way. Because we see them so infrequently, it's easy to see what personality traits never change, and the ways in which they grow. I'm so glad that one thing that has always stayed the same is their fondness for their Mallett cousins. It's that special bond that holds them over until the next time.
Thanks for coming Auntie Judy! We'll miss you!

1 comment:
What a sweet post. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to the next time we can be together again. Loved being with you guys. Tell Ben thanks for being such a cute roomie and reminding me the sun was up so we had to get up. xoxoxo
Post a Comment