This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Friday, February 18, 2011

It's a BOY!!!

I kind of suspected.  Especially when I stopped by the day they were being admitted for induction to wish Paul a Happy Birthday.  The only nice gift bag I had on hand was BLUE.  When I got there, Ulia was looking postiviely fabulous, having just gotten her hair and nails done in preparation for the big event. 
She was wearing the most brilliant  royal blue top. 
I think mothers have a second sense about this.  I was wearing blue the day Jack was born and pink the day Molly was born.  (I was wearing purple the day Ben was born, but that was the only thing I owned that fit me at that point!)

I tried, in a last ditch effort, to WILL this little Egan into being a girl, by telling my mother I was sure it was a girl...but really even I didn't beleive it.  I just wanted someone to dress up in Molly's hand-me-downs!  I guess this is God's way of telling me if I want one of those I'm going to need to do it myself, lol!

 Here he is in all his perfection - have you ever seen a more PERFECT nose?  And those CHEEKS!!! 

BABY BOY EGAN
born 2/16/2011
5:05pm
9lbs 7oz   20.5 inches
perfect in every way!


 
 
Congratulations Paul and Ulia!! 
There couldn't be a more wonderful way to celebrate
the love and happiness you two have found in each other. 

1 comment:

m said...

Oh, you made me tear up! What a special announcement for this little blue bundle! And WELCOME little one!