This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Friday, February 18, 2011

WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!??????

Whyyyyyy?????
(shakes fist indignantly at Universe)

WHY, when there is a sweet new baby boy in our family, just MILES away....the first one in SEVEN YEARS that I have not had to give birth to myself...
WHYYYYYYYYYY oh WHY will my dear daughter
NOT STOP VOMITING!!!!!!!

It's been such a long wait, but knowing that I was going to get a real newborn to squish so soon after his Mommy and Daddy welcomed him into the world has made the patience I've been pretending all worth it.

And now, right at the very MOMENT that I was going to realize the thing I'd been dreaming of and waiting for all this time? 

SWOOSH! 
That was the sound of the rug beign pulled out from under me.  Again. :(

Seems to be a recurring theme in my life lately.  Clearly a lesson I'm supposed to learn.

ARGGGHHHH!!!  That doesn't make it any less frustrating!!!! (Bangs head on desk!!) 

Luckily, I'll be this sweet baby's auntie for many years to come.  And it will be nice to meet him when he finally has a name and is home from the hospital.  I can pretend to be patient for a few more days....

...Well I'm off like germs on a Clorox Wipe...

1 comment:

m said...

Oh, dear Beth! There are many auntie/godmother hugs in your immediate future!! Don't give up! But still, Molly, we've gotta talk about your timing...