This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.
Friday, April 8, 2011
This is the face
Of a 'Parent's Day Out' dropout.
Since the separation trauma that was Turks and Caicos, Ben's tenuous acceptance of his Thursday mornings with miss Carole was blown. To smithereens.
So Thursdays, like all the other days, are now spent together! I remind myself that someday he'll be over this intense, tender, slightly stalkerish adoration for me. And then i'll be FREE! But also sad that this 'stage' is over as his independence grows.
So when I'm doing my 'Thursday errands' with my little partner, and they take ten times as long, and are frought with tantrums, tears and arguments...I try to remember that doing errands alone didn't include any hugs and kisses from someone who thinks I'm a rock star.
But man, a little cooperation and obedience wouldn't be a bad thing...still waiting for that to kick in (though if he like his brother, it might be a long wait...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww....poor kiddo! Maybe next year you'll have better luck?
I just wanna be with YOOUUUUUUUU, Mama! Hang in there, Beth.
Post a Comment