This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hoppy Easter Part One

So many Easter photos, so little time.  I'm going to have to do this in phases, so let's start with the CUTEST, shall we?  I'll start with Team Mallett bedecked in our Easter finery.


Seriously cute! 
I totally bribed them to take this picture - the boys were so not down with sitting on the big pink bed, but hey - the colors coordinated, so it had to be done!


Being our first Easter in Illinois, I went to Von Maur (the fancy schmancy expensive store) to find Molly the perfect Easter dress.  It wasn't there!  So much more my style, I ended up finding her a pink version of her Christmas dress on the 60% off rack at J.C. Penney.  Wahoo! 

If you're going out shopping three days before a holiday, you don't get much of a selection, but you do get the sale...it's the Eileen Simpson shopping Philosophy, and it works for me!
(Eileen is Marc's aunt, and no relation to Bart, that I know of)
But what on EARTH could I stick on the boys to work with this pink confection?? 


I remembered I'd snagged a classic looking striped button-down for Jack back at a sale months ago.  And that I'd found a near match in Ben's size on a $1 rack at Toys 'R' Us last month.  You heard that right, One Dollah!! 


Paired with the snazzy pink bow tie courtesy of Amazon.com two day shipping and we've got
CO-OR-DIN-ATION
(is anybody with me on the Boomerang reference?)
 
Of course there was a pink tie for Jack too.  He declined.  I couldn't blame him
But Ben?  In that tie, with his spikey hairdo?  SWOON!!





Don't his eyes look like Molly's there a wee bit?


My how I do love a well-coordinated family ensemble!

3 comments:

jude said...

Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Miss you all.

Misty said...

That first photo took my breath away! It is gorgeous just like all three of your children!

Jack is looking very grown up these days. He is so handsome! Molly looks like a beautiful princess, and Ben, well, let's just say...we can always arrange a marriage. ;)

Miss you!

m said...

Loving the color coordination! and $1? Genius! and you're right, Molly DOES look sweet enough to eat.