In other news, Molly came down from bed tonight complaining of a tummy ache. In all my years of mothering, this turned out to be a first...
"Do you feel like you need to use the potty?" I asked.
Nope
"Do you feel like you might throw up?"
Nope.
Hmmm, I thought, scratching my head for answers.
"Um....could it be that I never fed you dinner and you're hungry?"
"Yes Mama! That's it I think!"
Mother of the year here folks - I forgot to feed my kid. There was food, of course - it was a 'leftovers' night and the boys wanted raviolis with garlic bread. Molly wanted oatmeal, and somewhere between "Can I please have a drink?" and "Can I please have a napkin?" I got sidetracked.
Daddy came to the rescue and whipped up a batch of oatmeal for her. Hopefully she can sleep better with a full belly!
3 comments:
Oh my! I could totally see this happening in my house too! LOL
At your house, too?? I swear, I don't know what's happening to TIME at my house. It's 7pm before I remember to make dinner! Must feed the kids even if I'm not hungry/too busy to cook/tired of being in the kitchen. Poor Molly. And yea for oatmeal for dinner. We did the same thing last night. I think it might be my next blog post, one to pull me from the MIA list...
God love that little girl! So quiet and timid! You know if it were Jack or Ben, they would've made you know very clearly that mommy forgot to feed them!
Post a Comment