Today Ben and I spent a good hour together reading a new book about Lego Ninja warriors and then practicing spelling some words that he asked me to help him with.
NINJAGO
was one
SPINJITZU
was the other
"S" is a tricky one for Ben. He likes to start all his letters off with a straight line, so getting the S to curve is a challenge. He's not interested in starting at either end, I found. So we played with different ways of making Ss and then he did a beautiful job of spelling SPINJITZU with his own funky S. In case you were wondering, "spinjitzu" is a martial art created by Lego that morphs jujitsu with ninja tops that spin. SPIN + JUJITSU = SPINJITZU! And with a whole lot of Lego merchandise behind it, the line is a little boy's dream (at least THIS little boy's dream!)
I was feeling rather proud that on the first day of Lent after giving up Facebook, I spent so much one on one time with my little guy. We were bonding!! Not that I don't' do it every day of course, but usually household distractions are many and a solid hour to work and play together is hard to come by.
Afterward, I was folding laundry at the kitchen table while he continued to draw. I was musing about how fleeting this time is when they are little and how I need to pay more attention to moments like these.
It was about this time that Ben grabbed his great big paper with his ninja words on it and ran past me asking "Mom, where is your computer?"
As he climbed up into my desk chair and propped his paper in front of him, it dawned on me.
It was all a TRICK to get me to spell SPINJITZU for him so that he could Google it and watch YouTube videos of Lego Ninjas!!!!
I'd been HAD!
By my four year old!!!
Devious little bugger....good thing he's so cute!
2 comments:
Tucker asked me to go to "pbskids.org" the other day because that's what the TV told him to do. These kids are smart as whips. I love this age!!
That's hilarious!
Post a Comment