In a stunning turn of events,
I am pleased to report that as of Mother's Day,
I am officially back on team PC!!
Marc was probably so tired of listening to my kvetching and whining that he couldn't take it anymore. It was just TOOO HAAARRDD (see? the whining?). I had twenty years to learn the PC environment. And for half of those years I had nothing to do BUT learn the PC environment - heck it was my JOB!
So to try and learn a completely new environment during a time of my life where I'm lucky if I get to eat a meal sitting down some days, lucky if I get to use the bathroom without company? Well, it's simply not possible.
I pretty much do FIVE THINGS with my computer
- Email
- Surf the Net
- Blog
- Create documents (grocery lists, planning lists, notes and letters, homemade forms, etc.)
- Import, Edit, Organize and Store Photos
And while the Mac was valiant at the first three, it was DEPLORABLE at the last two. And those two were dealbreakers. In fact, I pretty much gave up editing photos altogether, so horrible was the interface between the Mac and any Adobe product I use. And trying to share anything was a nightmare because I had to convert it to a form that non-Mac users (like, the majority of the world) could use, which usually took away half my formatting. It was BEASTLY trying to help Jack create slideshows that he could use for school projects. BEASTLY!!
But, AAAAAHHHHHH! I can heave a giant sigh of relief now, because, to quote Celine, A new day has come! I feel peace like a river, let me tell you. The dog days are OVER.
Funny thing though...
Seven months of Mac use has warped my brain into forgetting thing that used to be second nature. Like where the CTRL key is. Or how to scroll.
But all that will come back in due time. Right now, I'm so happy to have my END key back!!! My HOME key back!!! My PGDN and PGUP and sweet mother my DELETE key back!
Halleluia, it's a new day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment