As day two dawned, we had to hustle off to breakfast at the Grand Floridian.
Alice in Wonderland was waiting!
Molly drew Alice and Mary Poppins pictures of Dumbo as gifts.
They gave her some nice thank you notes in return!
The Mad Hatter was my personal favorite - he was hilarious!
Nobody else cared, but as a "details" girl, I was impressed with the Mickey-shaped plates and the Mickey-shaped waffles.
Our friends Tigger and Pooh were Ben's favorites.
He put his great huggability to good use!
Pooh was so cute I even had to jump into a picture with him!
The Grand Floridian is so beautiful!
Molly enjoyed finding all the hidden Cinderellas!
There was even a pumpkin coach in the carpet on the stairs!
We had a great time running up and down those stairs.
(it's a good thing we didn't stay at this hotel - I'm not sure it could have withstood the Mallett trio!)
After breakfast it was time to get our magic on, over at the Magic Kingdom!
I'd hoped to photoshop these two photos together, but it didn't work!
Instead you get the switcheroo parent photo!
The Magic was in full force,
and we were all wowed by the show that Mickey and his pals put on as soon as we arrived.
At this point we split up, with me taking Molly and Ben to the more 'tame' rides, and Marc taking Jack to some of the more 'exciting' rides.
(me and my belly were totally down with that plan!)
Dumbo was an instant hit!
After Dumbo and a ride with Daddy on the Barnstormer,
it was time for some cooling off on the sprayground and with some Mickey-approved ice cream!
The teacups were next, but this face below is one of a girl who got the wrong color teacup.
She wanted the purple teacup, not the yellow.
It was a tragedy.
This face below is one of a kid who didn't care WHAT color his teacup was,
he was just happy to SPIN!
We needed to cheer the teacup-girl up, so we headed over to the carousel, saying hello to Ariel on the way.
And then it was time for another BIG SUPRISE!
We had some extra-special guests join us...
NANA & PAPA!!!
We got to enjoy a sneak peek of the
"New Fantasyland"
that will open in a few months.
Including The Beast's castle, which will have a fantastic restaurant called
"Be Our Guest" behind these gates.
New Fantasyland also includes Ariel's Grotto,
and guess who was there to say hello?
Ariel herself!
Molly was enraptured at the sight of her favorite mermaid.
Couldn't even muster a 'hello'.
Ben's assessment?
"Boy, that Ariel was chatty!"
After New Fantasyland,
it was off to the Hundred Acre Wood.
And then Tomorrowland,
where the kids were beside themselves over the snoozeworthy "People Mover".
Even Nana said
"This is really it?"
But Ben and Molly thought it was fabulous!
Ben was just a HAIR too short to get on Space Mountain with Daddy and Jack, but he was vindicated on the Buzz Lightyear ride!
This was finally one we could all enjoy together!
We annihilated those alien beasties, and then got to laugh at Zurg in prison!
Ben decided to sneak through the bars, and I told him to look sad, like he was stuck in there with Zurg.
Doesn't that face make you want to spring him?
We did, and then we went outside to find the best thing EVER!
Buzz Lightyear HIMSELF! Signing autographs, and without a long line.
I snagged Ben a new shirt at the Star Command shop so he'd be ready to meet the Big Guy.
Jackpot!
The sun was starting to set, so it was time to move on.
On the way out of the park, we got some great group shots!
I figured everyone needed a shot in the arm to get them through the last part of the day,
so we hit the Confectionary on Main Street.
They were busy glittering cake pops...
And shaping giant Rice Crispy treats!
The kids each got to choose an item of their choice.
Molly and Ben made giant pixie sticks.
Jack filled a baggie with $22 worth of M&Ms
(he's always one to work the system)
And in another display of Disney Magic, a parade magically appeared before us as we exited the candy store!
Hey, there's our buddy!
We said goodbye to Nana and Papa for the night, and hitched a ferry home.
When we got back to the Polynesian, they had marshmallow roasting on the beach waiting for us!
Ben promptly set his on fire, blew it out, shoved it in his mouth and said,
"Mmmmmm! Crunchy!"
(I have heartburn just thinking about it!)
Then he played games with his stick until I wrestled it away from him.
Molly, on the other hand, spent 10 minutes painstakingly toasting her marshmallow to perfect, golden-brown perfection. It was a thing of beauty I tell you.
And she enjoyed it thoroughly!
(even though I swear she was half asleep at the time)
Shortly after this, we all crashed into bed, comatose.
I think there was food in between the marshmallows and the coma, but I can't be sure.
I think Marc and Jack snuck out to go for an evening swim, but it may have just been a dream.
If complete and utter exhaustion equals a day well -lived,
well then, we lived this bad boy to the hilt!
No comments:
Post a Comment