This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Saturday, December 29, 2012

Someone Special Came for Christmas!

Introducing
Maeve Elizabeth
born on the winter solstice,
December 21, 2011
at 5:36 in the evening,
after the first dusting of snow in
nearly a year fell on Chicagoland.
 

She weighed 6lbs. 1oz.
and measured 19.75 inches long


She was born unexpectedly early
at 36 weeks 6 days
by cesarean
to the beautiful sounds of
Sting singing Fields of Gold.
(selected by Dr. Daube from his playlist)
 
 
She is
precious,
pink,
and
utterly perfect
in every way.
 
 
She came home
on Christmas Eve.
 
 
And Santa had
presents waiting for her
Christmas morning.
 
 
But really,
she was the best present
of all.
 
 

4 comments:

ktegn said...

Eventhough I've already seen these pics, this is seriously the best blog update ever! Welcome back, Mumma! And welcome to the world, Maeve Elizabeth! I haven't even met you yet and I'm already madly in love! :)

m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m said...

it was me - I deleted my comment. I just got all choked up looking at her precious photos. The holding hands one broke the dam of tears behind my eyes, though. I can't wait to meet you little Maeve!

Dawn said...

Beautiful! Congratulations to all!