The boys like the baby, don't get me wrong.
But Maeve's big sister is utterly SMITTEN.
In LOVE.
Big puffy heart, googly-eyed, over the moon
L-O-V-E
So in love that she washes her hands seventy times a day to make sure that whenever she is in her sister's presence, she is at the ready to hold her, help her, pat her, love her, touch her hand, touch her head, touch her cheek, touch her anyplace, really.
On New Year's Eve, with Auntie Treecie visiting from Massachusetts, Marc and I snuck out to dinner (it was his 40th birthday after all!). Molly went to Patrice while we were out, crying that her hands hurt. They were so chapped and raw, all the way up to her wrists, that it's a wonder she didn't complain long before! The next day I gave her her own personal tube of Norwegian Formula Neutrogena hand cream because everything else would sting, the sweet thing was so sore.
And still, today, despite me telling her to take a break from handwashing unless she uses the potty, she still wants to wash too often, because she loves her sister so much and can't bear not to touch her.
That's my girl. So loving that she puts her sister's need for germ control before her own hands.
That's because sisters are special. I'm so glad we have some in our house!

1 comment:
What a special relationship! And a special girl, that Molly, to love her baby sister so. I'm sure you are seeing glimpses of the mother she will one day be. And maybe a little bit of your sweet self reflected in her eyes? It's magic in your house these days, Beth! I'm so glad you are recording them!
Post a Comment