This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Guess I Shouldn't Have Ta!ken That Nap

I got a marvelous nap on the couch today while Auntie Treecie took the kids to Airtastic Playland where they could jump around like maniacs on inflatables all afternoon.  Maeve slept for 3 hours in her swing, and I sacked out for two of those hours in blissful peace (there may even have been drool involved I was so tired!).
 
And now I have been up, wide awake, since Maeve's 2:30 feeding.  It is 5:03.  And she is stirring again..in fact, I just heard her poop, so that's a sure sign we're getting up again.
 
It's gonna be a looooong day tomorrow!
 
Luckily, it'll be a day spent looking at this face...
 
 

3 comments:

m said...

Ahh, to nap or not. You clearly needed that nap! Though I feel for you, the day you will have after being awake all night. Of course, it is precious quiet time not having to soothe a babe in the middle of the night - just to be alone with your thoughts has its merits, too!

And you get the best view of them all - with sweet Maeve!

Michelle said...

She is so sweet!

Dawn said...

Ugh, naps do the same to me. She is getting more beautiful everyday.