It's that time again.
The time after you have a baby, when the kids start to show the wear and tear of having Mommy not as available to them as they are used to.
The time when the constant stream of gifts and visitors starts to spoil them a little too much.
The time when the attitudes and behaviors need more than just a gentle correction.
So I've been doing some thinking and some reading,
and I came across this quote that struck a chord with me.
"I think parenting has to be made and re-made over and over and over again. It seems like just when we figure out the perfect solution to a particular situation through endless tweaking and prayer and pushing, another child will throw you for a loop and will need parenting from an entirely different ball field. Each child is so darn unique."
- Shawni Pothier
There's gonna need to be some changes 'round here,
and this couldn't be more true!
3 comments:
hi there! i saw your comment on sarah's blog and popped over. i noticed you used to live in new england so after i looked back through your blog found you lived in pembroke? we just moved from duxbury! we live in paris now but my husband and i grew up on the cape. i thought i'd say hi :)
also..i had my 4th (almost 4 years ago)..and i think i'm just now starting to feel like we're done. :(
congrats on your new baby!
I love Shawni's blog, too. She is such a great role model for moms!
I saw your comment on Clover Lane on the 40 Bags post, I love Sarah's 40 Bags idea and I NEED to do it! I am hosting a link-up on my blog. Normally, I would not ever copy someone's idea, but since Sarah is not doing it, I asked her if she would mind. Please feel free to stop by and link-up your blog. Doesn't have to be a particular post--maybe we can all offer each other encouragement to keep filling those bags and decluttering!
I couldn't agree more. I always feel like once I've gotten something figured and am feeling good about where I am in life in general, things get thrown for a loop and I get to start ALL over again! Ah well, keeps us on our toes, eh?
Post a Comment