This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Deja Vu

I happened to click on a folder of pictures in my computer by accident, titled "Marc's Photo Frame".  It was a Valentine's gift to him in 2009 - a digital picture frame that I filled with his and my favorite images from the year. 
 
Gosh, how can it it be only four years ago that those images were taken.  The kids were BABIES!  And I honest to goodness cried looking at them, so filled with love and longing for those kids, even though these kids that I have today are equally as awesome and amazing. 
 
I can't even share them here, because I couldn't pick three, or even ten - I love them all so much I'd blow up blogger trying to upload them ALL.
 
But I will show one, because I gasped when I realized that I just took the very SAME picture of Molly in 2009 AND 2013. 
 
 
2009
 

 
2013
 
Clearly, I am a creature of habit.
Also, holey mackerel is this kid beautiful!
Lastly, WAAAAAAAH!
How can she be growing up so FAST??
 
The days are LONG but man the years are short.

2 comments:

m said...

Oh, Beth, I would have cried, too!! Those are beautiful shots singularly, but together, even more so! I just might adopt your last sentence, The days are LONG but the years are short, as my own. That is undeniably true.

ktegn said...

She was beautiful then, and beautiful now!