This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Saturday, March 2, 2013

Snow Much Fun...The Prequel

Nannie and Gray came for a visit last month and brought us our first substantial snow of the season.  It actually felt New England-ish, the way it snowed a little every single day they were here.  Nannie stayed a few days after Gray went home to help us while Daddy was away on business.  And then she got to stay a few days extra because a blizzard hit Boston!  We sure did have fun while they were here, and got to play in the snow for the first time this year.

 
And that, hopefully, is the END of the snow much fun series, because on March 1st, I am declaring that I am
 
ALL
DONE
WITH
SNOW
THANK
YOU
VERY
MUCH
!
 
I tried this two weeks ago when I put the boots and snow pants away in the basement.
We got six inches the next day.
So I'm hoping that in the month of St. Paddy's Day,
the luck of the Irish will prevail
and I'll get my wish.
 
Is a robin or two too much to ask for?

1 comment:

m said...

I will say, that I remember the latest snow we/my family had in Chicago was April 5, 2010. It was in the 50s the day before and then that night we woke to winds battering the house, and thick snow stuck sideways to the house.

But one can always pray for no snow and a warm up that stays around! The kids sure look like they love it, though!