This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Monday, July 22, 2013

Nannie's Magical Skylight

We are smack dab in the middle of our annual pilgrimage to Massachusetts and on the very last day of her sixth month, I was able to recreate something I'd had in my head for a very long time. 

You see, five years ago, almost exactly, we had another REALLY adorable baby to call our own, and while we were visiting Nannie and Grey for a beach day, an impromptu photo session on Nannie's bed yielded one of my FAVORITEST PICTURES EVER.

It was this one...

 photo IMG_2604019.jpg

 
...be still my baby loving heart!!!  Are those just the juiciest peaches of cheeks you ever saw??

And there was this one too...
 
 
 photo IMG_2630042.jpg
 
Can you even stand the chub??  I can't.  After another long beach day today, he's lying asleep in bed beside me now and I want to bite him for old times sake.
 
So I was really REALLY looking forward to getting Miss Maeve on this magical bed.  With windows on either side, a sliding glass door to the right and a skylight above, it is just SURROUNDED in natural light.  And even though the day was a little cloudier than I wished, Maeve and I had fun posing and snapping pictures.  Daddy even got in on the action and made faces and noises behind me to get some of the best 'Maeve' faces around.
 
Like this one...
 
 
..and this one...
 
 
and all of these ones....
 




This one is her 'talking' face, where she squeals and flaps her arms for effect.  It's one of my favorites!

 
 
And my personal favorite...
wait I lied, they're ALL my personal favorites!
 
 
 
Happy Sixth Month baby girl!
You are a total delight in every way and everyone adores you!
 
(except for the way you scream in the car still...and the way you scream at poor Daddy whenever Mommy tries to leave the house between supper and bedtime .  Maybe could we work on that this month?)

1 comment:

m said...

The toe sucking one is my absolute favorite!!! And how is Miss Maeve sitting up already?? Isn't she always going to be a tiny baby??