I had an epiphany today. The truth is, that I have roughly two minutes each day to memorykeep. And what I realized is that I use those minutes to snap pictures on my iPhone camera and upload them to Facebook. Of course I love that I get instant feedback on them (Who doesn't love that? It's why FB has taken the world by storm!) and that I can share them with everyone quickly.
What I don't love, is that they float away into the ether and that's the end of them.
For seven months I've been sitting here wishing I had time to blog, thinking that blogging is this time consuming project that must be deprioritized because I have no time to consume these days.
The truth is, I *DO* have time to blog. Two minutes! And I'm wasting them by uploading my thoughts and images to Facebook when I could have them HERE, forever, instead of THERE, as a flash in the pan.
Well, NO MORE! From now on, any time I have the urge to upload something to Facebook, it comes HERE first! If I have time later I can post it to FB, but the most important thing is to not lose these memories as fast as I capture them.
Here is the first installment. My first ever "conversation" with Maeve. Just this week she has figured out how to smack her lips like a kiss, and to say something that sounds like "hi". She also has learned how to growl! She must take after her big sister, whose first word was "Woof!"
Today, in trying to convince Maeve to perform for the camera and do some 'kisses', I instead got to banter back and forth with her in her language of choice...growlish! It was our first 'conversation'! And there's a little kiss at the end as the cherry on top.
ENJOY!
3 comments:
Grrr to you, too, sweet Baby Maeve! The Miss and Mr loved watching you talk to them! Oh, my, your blue blue eyes and lovely smile. We could watch you all day! Tell Mommy thank you for sharing with us on blogger rather than FB!!
Oh my gosh, what a little personality she's got there! She's so sweet, even when she growls!!
Brilliant thoughts - I, too, need to be using the time I have for more blogging. Thanks for the inspiration.
Post a Comment