This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Friday, April 25, 2014

Sweet baby

It's 1:23pm and I'm sitting here watching you sleep


Yes, you are still napping in your swing.  It works, so that's what we do.  But today Ben has a doctors appointment and we need to pick him up in seven minutes.  

I shut off your noisemaker, and the swing five minutes ago, and still you slumber on.  It breaks my heart to have to wake you from such a drowsy place, but it has to be done.

I think I may just sit here for another minute though, and listen to your rhythmic breathing and watch your sweet face, as I'm sure mothers have done with their babies since the dawn of time.



No comments: