Into this bag is going roughly $75 with of Laptop Lunch containers.
They have served us well for three years and are still in tip top shape.
I'm having a hard time letting go!
I'm a huge proponent of waste free lunches, not to mention that with just 15 minutes to eat lunch each day, sending the kids with 6 different baggies to fuss with is not smart time management!
I truly adore these lunch boxes; they are customizable with different sized inserts for anything you can imagine, they keep contents safe and secure, yet allow a child to open just one lid to access an entire meal, they fit easily into a regular lunch box for easy portability, they are BPA free, and they are just plain cute!
When I just had Molly to make lunch for (Jack buys hot lunch at school each day) I had so much fun coming up with creative and fun bento-style lunches for her. That was my life until this past September.
But not anymore!
Today, Ben is in kindergarten and I have to pack 10 lunches a week. I also have a busy toddler at home who won't stand for Mommy spending an hour every morning making 5 breakfasts and two lunches, two snacks and two water bottles..
What works for my life today is to make all (or nearly all) of the week's lunches and snacks all at once ahead of time. But that isn't possible with laptop containers that require daily washing and re-packing.
A simpler system, that doesn't take up much space, or require as much upkeep, was necessary for our collective sanity. I've moved on to using Ziploc's divided containers, which I can pack and stack in the fridge for easy grabbing each morning. They are BPA free, easy to dunk in soapy water and rinse, and last at least six months. They fit in a lunchbox, don't leak, and are easy for the kids to open and get down to the business of eating lunch.
So it's time to pass our Laptops along to someone else who can get use out if them.
And I'll be glad to get my kitchen island's center cabinet back!


1 comment:
I'd love it if you showed us your fridge with them all stacked up and then also what you put in them that can last the week in the fridge... I'll be doing 10 next year up from 7 this year. Saturday and Sunday are my favorite days because I don't have to wash the daily reusable fitfoods boxes with cold pack that fit perfectly in the old school flip top lunch boxes.
Post a Comment