This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jammin' Berry Farm

It's an annual tradition in our house, since Jack was about three, to go pick blueberries at the Jammin' Berry Farm at the end of Old Washington Street in Pembroke.  And it just so happened that we were visiting during PRIME bluberry season! 

The blueberry "farm" is really just someone's house, who has a bunch of blueberry bushes - I think he's probably a former hippie, what with the name "Jammin" and all, but his berries are the best.  Turns out they opened the very day we went to pick and I have never in all our years seen a bigger, better crop!

All the kids had a fabulous time, except for dear Ben.  He was excited to feed the koi in the pond, and proceeded to dump all his fish food in the lake in one fell swoop.  Then he was ready to go home.  And he made sure we knew it every second of the rest of the morning.  Whining, falling down, refusing to wear his shoes, hanging off of my body, pulling my clothes....you know the drill.

But in spite of his protests, we got our blueberries and got to share one of our favorite places with our friends. 


From Left:
Sarah, Jack M., Molly, Ben, Jack L., and Joseph (aka Jojo)





Do you like the picture above?  I'm practicing dodging and burning
I think this has been that je ne sais quois I've loved in other people's photographs but have
never been able to replicate in my own.






Don't sit under the apple tree, with anyone else but me...




See you next year!  Same berry time, same berry place!!

2 comments:

m said...

My ab fav from the berry bunch is Ben with the apple. Love it. And berries are what I miss most about Maine.

m said...

Those cheeks kill me every. single. time. That apple could not have been more perfect for him.