It's game day!!
AFC Championship time, and our Patriots are playing.
We've got a few friends coming over and I'm making some of my favorite easy recipes for a crowd, including a Chicken Enchilada Dip so good you'll be dreaming up reasons to invite people over just so you can make it again.
I can only make this dip sporadically because I truly lose all self-control around it.
I've tried other recipes and nothing comes close to the addictiveness - it's honestly that good!
So without further ado, I give you
Beth's Sister-In-Law Ulia's
Mother's friend Kathy's
Chicken Enchilada Happiness Dip
(don't say I didn't warn you)
Mix together
2 large cans of Chicken, drained
1 block of cream cheese, softened
18 oz. jar of mayonnaise
18 oz. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 oz. can of green chilies
4 oz. can of green chilies
1 finely chopped fresh jalapeno
1 cup of Trader Joe's tomato-free corn salsa
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes
OR microwave until bubbly and
pop in a mini-crockpot turned to low.
Serve with baked Tostitos scoops if you're being good
or Fritos if you're not.
A few notes: I have found that you can successfully substitute low fat cream cheese and mayo for the full-fat items called for in the recipe. You can also substitute one cooked, shredded chicken breast for the canned chicken. You can substitute another salsa, but it WILL change the flavor of the final product. The TJs adds a special sweetness to the dish that can't be replicated exactly with a substitute.
The one substitution that I recommend AGAINST is using low-fat cheddar.
It just doesn't melt right and you'll end up with a gloopy, inferior dip.
Now go! Go and find yourself some chicken enchilada happiness.
But when you abandon the chips and just start eating it with a spoon (or worse, your fingers!)
don't say I didn't warn you!
A few notes: I have found that you can successfully substitute low fat cream cheese and mayo for the full-fat items called for in the recipe. You can also substitute one cooked, shredded chicken breast for the canned chicken. You can substitute another salsa, but it WILL change the flavor of the final product. The TJs adds a special sweetness to the dish that can't be replicated exactly with a substitute.
The one substitution that I recommend AGAINST is using low-fat cheddar.
It just doesn't melt right and you'll end up with a gloopy, inferior dip.
Now go! Go and find yourself some chicken enchilada happiness.
But when you abandon the chips and just start eating it with a spoon (or worse, your fingers!)
don't say I didn't warn you!

4 comments:
I'm SO making this for the Super Bowl! Go, Pats!!! That certainly was a nail biter of a game.
You must have eaten it all before you could get a picture...huh? Sounds YUMMY!
Ha ha Emily, you are totally right! One of Marc's friends took one look at the dip and said "Is that the dip you had in the crockpot the last time we were here?" When a guy remembers food like that, you know the recipe is a keeper!
I just learned how to use photos from the internet, so I borrowed one and updated the post as practice :)
And I updated the recipe too - I was so excited to make the dip that I didn't explain things as well as I could have. Now I think it's foolproof!
This sounds so incredibly yum-o! I'd totally make it just to give it the title "Katie's sister-in- law Ulia's mother's friend Kathy's Chicken Enchilada Happiness Dip" hahaha...it's a great mouthful, just like I'm sure the dip will be!! :)
Post a Comment