This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cracking the Molly Code

A slew of work came home in Molly's folder this week.  This is big news because her teacher, Mrs. Baumgartner, is not big on sending home much of anything.  We get a monthly newsletter telling us what they are up to, and that's about it!

That's why it's been so long since I had any of Molly's writing to share.  She has the loveliest penmanship of any six year old I know!  But that "phonetic spelling" is still throwing me for a loop.  

Here's what she wrote in her school journal on 12-15-11

" I am icsididbeeecus
I am goaign 
to Masuchoosits!!!"

1 comment:

m said...

"I am excited because I am going to Massachusetts." Damn. I had to google that state name. It never looks right to me, even spelled correctly!