But as I was explaining to Jack last week in a battle royale over homework (also consistent in our house) the energy it takes to procrastinate NOT doing something, and the angst it creates, is at least equal to, if not worse, than actually TACKLING the job once and for all.
So for Lent this year, when giving up Facebook didn't seem like enough (dare I say I've actually begun to look forward to it?) I decided to take a stab at giving up PROCRASTINATING.
In the last week, I've tackled more projects than you can shake a stick at. I'm still not one millionth of the way down my mental list, but at least my feet are moving in the right direction.
And ever one to live by a plan (because so many things cross my mind in a given moment, I could not possibly focus unless I have a to-do list) I've made a little blogging schedule for myself, to try and stay caught up and preserve the memories we're making as we go, instead of in retrospect.
Here's the routine I'm starting with, knowing that I'll probably end up tweaking it as I go...
Monday: Something We Did
Tuesday: Something We Ate
Wednesday: Around the House
(kind of like a house tour, but in snippets)
Thursday: Crafty Stuff
Friday: Child Spotlight
Since I want to show pictures of the house, and since I haven't taken steps to anonymize our lives on this blog, and since I'm neurotic by nature, I need to put my security defense arsenal back in place. I know it's a pain for others, because once the blog is no longer public, it loses a bunch of functionality, like auto-notification and such. But I actually lie awake at night thinking of that freaky Kiefer Southerland character? In that Sally Field movie? Where he killed Dorothy Jane from The Torkelsens who looks just like my friend Jimena's sister Daniela, and I'll never get over the horror I felt when Sally Field had to listen to her daughter be killed? And I don't want Kiefer knowing where the security system is, because I posted pictures on my blog, you know?
So a-private we will go in 3....2....1
3 comments:
I love the new pics of the kids and the new background! Molly looks too grown up in that picture! I'm looking forward to all the blogs to come! :)
Beth, we waste more time with the struggle to get nightly homework done as well. What should take 15 minutes, takes 50 (with all the whining and crying that goes on). I dread it every. single. night. If it's this bad in first grade, I can't imagine what it will be like next year (and so on). If you find a solution, please let me know. I'm all ears! :)
I like your blog schedule. I'm not sure I have the computer time to do it, but I like it. Hm. May have to think on that one. And I like that you're private again, because it means you're BAAAACK posting!! :) Missed ya, girl.
Post a Comment