10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15!
All totaled, it was a full carload of STUFF that I drove to Goodwill this weekend.
![]() |
| Maternity clothes, baby clothes, kids clothes, seasonal decor, small appliances, toys, games, DVDs, and more! |
I'm trying on a new perspective when it comes to the accumulation of things we own. It all started when I read an article that despite searching for hours, I have not been able to find again. But the gist of it is this...
YES,
it is true that a penny saved is a penny earned. I could continue to save these things for the day I may
Need them
Refurbish them
Use them in a project
Sell them in a garage sale
Post them on Craigslist
Gift them to a friend in need
HOWEVER,
the amount of time I spend focused on these things, trying to
House them
Organize them
Catalog them
Keep track of them
Take them out
Put them back
Shuffle them around
Reorganize them
Worry about them
LEADS ME TO BE
Consumed by the space they take up
Overwhelmed by the sheer mess it all makes
Aware of how upset this makes my partner
THIS
is time and energy that I might otherwise use to
Love my family
Love myself
Love others
Love our home
Love the freedom the unoccupied physical space provides
Love the peace that the unoccupied EMOTIONAL space provides
So, the car got filled up.
And it will be again, and maybe again after that.
Lent is only half over...and I've got lots of work to do!

2 comments:
What a great motivational post, Beth! I know what I'll be doing this weekend :)
I LOVE this. LOVE LOVE LOVE. Atta girl!!!!
Post a Comment