This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gearing up for the New Year...

I had an epiphany tonight!  My mudroom is totally lacking functionality.  I need more wall space for cubbies and hooks, but all I have is this ginormous closet with double sliding doors.  There was a time in my life when I would have given my eye teeth for a closet like this, when I lived in a house with no storage...but then that house GOT storage and now I'm a big fat snob about it.  Our new house could pretty much kick the can of our old house, and yet I sit here stewing while trying to devise solutions to storage problems that drive my sanity to the movies.

So back to the mudroom.  I tuck ideas away as I find them, so that someday, when I can put them to use, I have them available.  The trick is to REMEMBER them when the time is right.  And an idea I bookmarked back in 2008 appeared in my mind tonight.  And the TIME is RIGHT!!!

The idea is this gorgeous closet redo by Wendy from the Shabby Nest blog.  And if I didn't have a plane to catch  in a few hours, I would be tearing the doors of my closet right now.



Now that I've got the idea in my head, rampant Googling has begun!  There are others out there, and I will find them, and then I will take all their good ideas and morph them in to a sanity saver for 2011.

To quote my 8 year old mad scientist wannabe...

MWA HA HA HA HA!

3 comments:

m said...

Can't wait to see!! Yours will blow the socks off all the others, I am very sure. Oh, speaking of socks - I've started leaving the kids' socks downstairs with the shoes. It makes things so much easier. Maybe leave a cubby or two for socks in the plans?

Lindsey said...

Are.you.kidding?!?!?! Did you see my blog post from yesterday? I think we are sharing a brain (at least, I can dream, haha!)!

I have been scouring the internet all day for more ideas... my latest piondering is rubberized flooring...

Lindsey said...

Here are some I ogled earlier today:
http://www.remodelingcenter.com/other-rooms/solutions/mudroom-design-solutions/