This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Monday, January 23, 2012

Conversations With Ben



Me:  Great job going to the bathroom by yourself buddy!  Did you remember to wash your hands?

Ben:  Yep!

Me: Are you sure?


Ben: Yes!  I already washed them.  See?  All clean!

Me: So if I feel them they're going to be a little damp?

Ben: (looking at his dry hands) No, they'll be dry because I dried them really well.

Me: Oh, really?

Ben: Just don't smell them, okay?

Me: Why shouldn't I smell them?

Ben:  (thinking...hard) Ummmm, you shouldn't smell them because..... because I love you TOO MUCH! (big cheeser grin)

Me:  Aww, you're so cute I've gotta kiss your face! (smooch!)  Now, enjoy that lemonade you're making - I sure hope it doesn't taste gross since you're making it with dirty hands.

Ben: (thinking) You know Mom?  I think I am going to wash my hands now.  With soap and water.  I'll be right back!

2 comments:

ktegn said...

The things he says and does are just the fricken cutest!

Stefanie said...

Max and Ben are seriously two peas in a pod. I SWEAR I just had this conversation with Max yesterday! (although max probably ended his by asking for a treat, LOL).