Today is your due date, baby girl!
What a blessing that we've gotten to know you, snuggle you, hold you, and love you for 21 extra days! You've been such a sleepy and sweet baby so far, but are definitely starting to wake up and be more alert. But a calm, content alert, which is wonderful! You are a stingy burper, preferring to hold onto your gas bubbles until long after you've eaten, when they bubble up and bug you during a rest. Then you inevitably poop and get the hiccups from all the excitement.
Your brothers and sister...and Daddy and I...and Nana and Papa...and pretty much anyone who's met you...simply adore you. Molly loves to give you kisses and sing you "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". Ben loves to sneak in during your morning feeding at 5 or 6am and snuggle in bed with us, and he loves helping burp you. Jack's favorite thing is coming home from school and holding you - it totally helps both of you relax after a long day.
You're sleeping pretty well at night for a breastfed preemie. You wake three times; once around midnight, once around 3 and then again around 6. Just like during the day, you like to eat every 3 hours or so. Your 3am feeding seems to be the biggie, with lots of eating, a poop or two, a case of hiccups and some extra burping needed, but you usually tend to settle back down to sleep pretty easily once all your needs are tended to (lets hope that keeps up!). To make up for the 90 minutes or so of lost sleep, I've been trying to go to bed early while Daddy stays up with you until your midnight feeding. Easier said than done, but I'm trying!
Nana and Papa have been staying with us this past week, and we have them for four more days before they need to return home to Massachusetts. I'm going to miss them when they go! Nana is the queen housekeeper- her standards are way above mine, and this house has never run so smoothly! And Papa is sure handy to have around for giving people rides wherever they need to go.
And our neighbors have brought us dinner at least a dozen times - it's amazing how helpful and kind Midwesterners are! Hardly a day goes by when I don't get five or six texts asking how someone can help; can they give one of the kids a ride somehwere? Drop off dinner? Go grocery shopping? It's really been amazing being the recipient of so much TLC!
I hope when you grow up, little one, that Daddy and I will be able to pitch in and help you out when you need it just like our families and friends have done for us.
We love you bunches, Miss Maeve, and we're so happy you are part of our family!

3 comments:
Oh, Beth, it will be such a treasure to little Maeve to have these sweet moments recorded. How precious each of the children are with her, having their special time to connect with her. I know it has been a blessing having your parents there, and your awesome neighbors. I'm glad to hear you have been able to ease into the crazy alert stage of newborns - a few weeks of sleepy Maeve was probably just about perfect for posing her for all your photo sessions while still allowing you to tend to yourself and other family members. Thank you for sharing these moments with us!
I never thought of it like that. How truly blessed was I to have an additional 104 days with Audrey that I didn't expect. Truly a blessing even though she scared the sh#* out of me. Thanks for reminding me. Love, Christine
Judging by the twinkle in her eyes, Christine, I have a feeling that she's going to scare the sh#t out of you for many more years to come! She and Ben have that in common, it's like some bizarro superpower of the adventurous spirit! ;-)
Post a Comment