This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Wednesday, March 12, 2014

If you give a Republican a Cookie

In a feeble attempt to explain the difference between Democrats and Republicans after Molly asked the question, I related the old story about giving a man a fish versus teaching a man to fish.

If you give a man a fish (Democrats), you feed him for a day, but if you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime (Republicans).

Now of course I know that that doesn't boil it down very well and the issue is much more complicated than that but for their little minds I figured it did the job.  I asked them if that made sense to them and Ben chimes in with...

"Totally mom! I know a story just like that!  It goes like this...If you give a mouse a cookie…"


I tried not to drive off the road giggling!

No comments: