There's something about 18 month olds. They are like ripe, juicy peaches of cuteness. It's almost painful to look at them sometimes because your heart nearly stops ticking. Next to having a newborn fresh from heaven on your chest, or a roly poly six month old who sits contentedly with a bucket of toys for hours, this age is pretty much the ultimate for me.
Which is why I had to take these pictures.
I saw this outfit in Target and hadtohaveit. It's the very same style Maeve wore a year ago - my most favorite of her outfits from her first summer. And even though it only went up to a size 6-9 months, I knew little Miss Petite could work with it.
And this is now... but be warned! You may need sunglasses, because you may go blind from that 18 month magic I mentioned.
I had to give her a distraction to keep her in one place, so I put some of my costume jewelry in a pretty little box.
It worked!
The blond piggytails just SLAY me.
I couldn't even crop this, couldn't even retouch it. Because my face was busy melting off from the cuteness.
And don't ask me how this was created because Picasa did it when I wasn't looking. Clearly Picasa is also not immune to her charms.
And then she looks up at me and makes this face and yells
"CHEESE!!"
And I went downstairs to flog the evildoer who ever taught her that awful word! Three children I've raised before her and not one of them has ever been told to say cheese! Well at least not by me. According to Ben, everyone ELSE says cheese, so he taught Maeve to say cheese too.
And that was the end of the session.
Now I get to de-program the baby (and her brother)
so that no more lovely portraits are tortured and destroyed with a cheese-face.
But truthfully, she's still cuteasabutton even with the darn cheese-face.
Icantevenstandit.

No comments:
Post a Comment