This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I never thought I'd say this but

THANK GOD SCHOOL STARTS TOMORROW!!!

Yes, I will miss them.  Dearly.  
But I simply cannot CONTAIN them anymore.  
See what I mean?

At one point, this was our home office.  It has now become Legoland!  The books are trying to stage a coup, but the Legos are having none of it.  And yes, I do know that Lego is technically both the singular AND plural of the noun Lego, but I choose to be a rebel about that  in the same way that I refuse to say "hippopotomii" instead of "hippopotomuses".  So there.
This is the desk in our home office.
You can imagine how enjoyable it is on the days Marc actually needs to use it.
I just shut the door and lock it, trying to contain the damage.The children have a hard time unlocking it because Jack has lost all seventeen keys by bringing them INTO the office after unlocking the door, and then losing them in the Lego mess.  I now have ONE eyeglass screwdriver that does the job and it's in a secret location never to be revealed.
There was once an organizational system in place in here.  It has been overthrown by the populace.
The benevolent despot who rules the land has gone into hiding.

While the benevolent depot has been in hiding, she has been researching home library solutions on Pinterest.
Thus far, there are none that can handle the obsessive book-hoarding tendencies of the people in this realm.
 It's not JUST the office...oh NO.
I give you the people's evidence #2, your honor.
The "play" room.
Which should just be called
The "dump and run" room.

This room was actually decent yesterday morning when I left for three hours of solace.
The babysitter had specific instructions to
KEEP THE CHILDREN OUTSIDE!!!
When I came home, she told me that she had them outside for all but twenty minutes
and during those twenty minutes when she was taking care of the baby
a mutiny occurred.
I can not blame her as I have been victim to the same type of guerrila attack myself.  Daily.

The pillow says it all, doesn't it?

And you thought naked Barbies were a problem?
We've got naked GHOSTBUSTERS.
Also, we've got a few Lego Heroes.  And by "a few" I mean ALLOFTHEM!!
And where are the hooligans who wrought this magnificent messtastrophe?

Well, one of them is rollerblading around the kitchen on her brother's skates wearing bedhead and a tutu.



And two of them are doing what they do best.  Ignoring repeated warnings that 
IFYOUDONTSHUTTHOSEOFFANDCOMETOBREAKFASTRIGHTNOWSOHELPMEGOD
ILLSMASHTHEMTOBITSWITHAHAMMER!!!!

They look terrified, no?
We are two weeks overdue for a
CRACKDOWN.
A big one.
But knowing that life is going to provide a crackdown all on it's own...
a crackdown called
SCHOOL.
And I've decided not to be the enemy for once.

I have bided my time.
I have bitten my tongue (mostly)
I have hired a babysitter and gone for long walks to recharge my batteries
(and get the heck away from this disaster)

And TOMORROW???

Tomorrow I will pack lunches,
kiss heads,
take pictures,
smile and wave...

And then I'm coming home with
a TRENTA iced coffee,
a box full of black trash bags
and a flamethrower.

This crackdown is going to be epic.  EPIC!
(speaking of which I must run now because that reminds me that the movie epic is just out and I have to get a copy for the block party this weekend.  Bettergetonthat!)

No comments: