This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Friday, October 15, 2010

One more thing to love about Illinois

Edited To Add: They have the doodads that hold the trigger, so that your gas pumps itself!!
(in Massachusetts, where they assume all people are incapable of pumping their own gas properly, they disable the doodads and make you pump every last drop with your own hands.  Kind of a massive PAIN in the dead of winter!)

3 comments:

2Bugaboos said...

Okay, Beth. I'm stumped here (or just having a blond moment, LOL). Does this mean most of the gas stations have full service? Because I am really getting sick of pumping it myself!

Beth said...

Sometimes when I phone poat, I forget to go back and write words to go along with my pictures, Judie! This is one of those times. And maybe you don't have to worry about it in New Hampsha', but in Mass, they disable the little doodad that holds the gas trigger in place, so you HAVE to stand there in the blizzard and squeeze the trigger to get every OUNCE of gas. In Illinois, you can press the trigger once, lock it into place with the little stopper doodad, and go hang out in the car while your gas pumps itself. The lady at Costco thought I was nuts, taking a picture of my gas pumping itself, lol!

Lindsey said...

OK thank goodness you came back and clarified because I stared for like an hour trying to figure out the secret meaning. We have the doodads here in GA so that was completely off the radar for me, haha!