This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back to the Birthday!

Like I mentioned, Molly celebrated her birthday with Jack, Ben and 17 of her friends at PETLAND!  The Petland back in MA is pretty gross.  You leave sad for the puppies and feeling like you need a date with some hand sanitizer.  The Petland in Naperville however, is pretty amazing.  It's so clean you can't even smell the animals and the people who work there are the nicest, most helpful people ever.  When you visit you feel like you've been hanging out with Stepford people.  Stepford people who like animals.

One of them, Dan, was our Party Host, and he did ALL the work, from setting up the tables to handing out the cupcakes and pizza, to interviewing all the kids about their own pets, to introducing the animals to cleaning up.  I didnt' even know what to do with myself!! 

Molly got to wash up and go in the back (with me chaperoning of course) to see how they care for the puppies and to choose which puppies she'd like to play with.  They call this "socializing" the puppies.  I tried to hope that the benefit was worth the manhandling the sweet pups endured at the hands of 20 grabby children...but the jury's still out on that one.

Here's a photographic journal of the party - Enjoy!!

Lining up for a tour of the store

Scooby Snacks

"Boys and girls, how are we going to hold our hands out for Rainbow to stand on?"

LIKE THIS!!  What good listeners!


Meet Rainbow.  She's a sweetie.


Rainbow loved Luke.  The feeling, however, did not appear to be mutual!


Jack was a big fan.  Stalked poor Rainbow the rest of the day!



Hermit Crabs!

Fascinated three year olds!

This is MY hand - this guy was gigantic! 
He started coming out and I startled him back in because those claws scared me!

For the girl who won't eat pizza at birthday parties, a sauce-less pizza!
(It worked!  She ate every bite!)


Meow!

Woof!  The Paw Prints were the biggest hit (and the easiest to make) Who knew?

Meeting of the minds.  Or a Vulcan Mind Meld.  I'm not sure.

















At the end of all that puppyliciousness, the kids each got to choose their own "Build A Pet" to stuff and bring home.

Choose a heart...make a wish...



Everyone was very happy with their new little friends.


Happy Birthday girl...Happy new "pet" owners...Happy Family!

2 comments:

ktegn said...

I wish I could have been there! Molly and all the kids looked like they had a great time! Great job on the goodies you made. You never disappoint with your creativity!

2Bugaboos said...

I want to have MY next birthday party there! What a treat for everyone involved... :)