This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Of All The Things I've Learned

Of All The Things I've learned
by: Jack H. Mallett

Throughout third grade we have learned so many new things.  Of all the things I learned, I really loved learning about the Moon, Math and Simple Machines.


The first thing I loved learning about was the moon.  The moon has 8 phases.  A few examples are waxing crescent, and waning crescent.  Second of all, the moon has landforms just like Earth.  It has mountains, valleys, craters and seas.  Neil Armstrong was a famous astronaut.  He was the first man on the moon.  I really loved learning about the moon.


I also learned about math.  I have learned about multiplication.  My favorite stradagy is lattice.  I also learned about division.  My favorite stradagy is partial quotients.  Finally I learned how to find unit rates.  All you do is divide the bottom by the top!  I really loved learning about math.


Finally, I loved learning about simple machines.  First, there is a pully.  It is used to lift things.  Second is the lever.  It can lift things too.  Finally is the wheel.  It can be used to move things.  I really loved learning about simple machines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's better at math than i! LOVE your little man!