This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Friday, June 10, 2011

So, how IS that potty training going?

I'm not really someone who cares too much about potty training.  Except, of course, for my neurotic aversion to pee on my carpet.  But once we're past that point, I could really care less.  I have one child who self-potty trained in a day, and another who is long past potty training who is still so accident-prone that diapers would probably be welcomed if they were offered.

And this littlest one?  He was so ready that once I told him it was time to use the potty, he's rarely had a miss.  For #1 that is.   #2 however, not so much.  After that first week when he constipated himself from holding it for five days, he's wanted nothing to do with the potty for #2.  We're still 100% Pull-Ups for poops these days.  And here's how it works...

BEN:  Mama?  I have to go poop.

ME: Okay.  Go get yourself a pull-up.

BEN:  I put my pull up on Mama, and my pants.  Can you get me some socks?

(because he needs socks to poop of course.)

ME: No problem buddy.

BEN:  I need some privacy now please.

fifteen minutes later (1 of which is spent doing his business and 14 of which is spent reading, just like any man)

ME: It's time to clean you up Buddy!

And that's our daily ritual.  It works for now.  I think I'll have to push for the potty come August when preschool is looming on the horizon, but until then, I'm okay with the satus quo.  But I still giggle every time he asks for socks. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

um.....were Ben and Emma poo twins separated at birth?!?! I have this conversation with Emma EVERY time she has to poop (minus the socks and the 14 minutes of read time)!! Crazy!