This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Monday, June 27, 2011

Good Grief!!

It has been one of those days.  Started off with a rainy morning of fort building - turned demolition derby and cry-fest when the big bad wolf (aka Ben) tried to knock down everyone's forts. 

They children have been whining, complaining, arguing, fussing and outright wailing about SO MUCH for SO LONG that I'll say yes to just about anything if they will just S-T-O-P!

Sure, you can play darts with the steak knives!

Toys?  I'll buy them ALL for you!

TV?  Watch as much as you want!  Watch all the shows I always say no to, to make sure you'll be up all night with nightmares and potty mouths.

Food?  Oh, just clean out the treat cabinet will you?  It's been crying for attention too.

Molly was screaming so loud at Ben earlier that she actually injured herself!  Bit her cheek mid-yell.  She simply will not listen to reason that a 3 year old is no one to argue with because the rules of logic don't apply.  Hmmm, maybe the rules of logic don't apply to six year olds either?

Ben is the worst right now - I think the 24/7 companionship of his bigger sibs is finally wearing on him.  And to add insult to injury, they are chock full of birthday money, and he gets to join the circus train to the store to help them pick out fabulous gifts while he gets bupkis.

Today was the second time in 24 hours that I've had to pry something out of his hands and pysically remove him from a store (as in, over my shoulder, kicking and screaming).

Good times.

Now that I've given the okay to beta testing of Nerf and water weaponry, the floodgates have opened and thrown up all over my house.  There are Nerf bulletts EVERYWHERE and beyond the mess, the constant battling and firepower is absolutely nauseating to me. 

Oh well.  You win some, you lose some.  A few more episodes of Tuff Puppy and hopefully the little screamers will have been lulled into a semi-conscious state of bliss.  Then I can stuff them full of something vaguely nutritious for dinner and pray that the cloudcover lets me sneak in an early bedtime.

A girl can dream, can't she?

1 comment:

m said...

HOLY crap! It must be the day. I've had one of those days, too, except my third child is a cat we've since removed from the equation - but left behind a present for me soaked into the clothes of the little man of which were the last to be sorted and put away properly. Darn that cat! Darn the little boys named Ben, yes mine, too, who just don't listen to reason! Bedtime canNOT come fast enough. And then I realized that I have my mom's phone in my purse. Can I make it there and back for a meeting at my house in an hour? And food in the car? It MUST be or no one will eat. Good times, you were RIGHT!