This is the story one little family
making its way from the
salty shores of New England
to the suburbs of Chicago.
It won't always be easy,
but as long as we're together,
we'll find a way to bloom where we're planted.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And the Winner Is...and this time I mean it!

Meet Frank. He's swell. He's our new house. He's pretty spiffy. So spiffy in fact that I almost don't remember how hot under the collar I got over him yesterday. And I almost don't feel like I went to Target for tights and cereal and somehow spent $200 on a few odds and ends. Wink.


So yeah, yeah, enough with the words, I know! On with the slide show...





































Frank is awfully kind on the eyes, but the best part is that he's the cheapest house in a luxury neighborhood, so hopefully it's a good investment in addition to being a great place to make a home. It's also the ONLY luxury neighborhood we saw with kids coming out of the woodwork and minivans in driveways. That was my barometer for how "kid friendly" a neighborhood was, lol! I already have a friend picked out for Miss M. and there are three boys across the street for Frick and Frack to play with.

There's a farmstand on the corner, a school bus for the neighborhood, and under 1 mile away are the nation's #1 rated library, grammy and arts award winning high school, and top rated elementary school (like ten out of ten stars - can you beat that?) Oh, and it has a CLIMBING WALL on it's playground and a "Safety Patrol Club". Which might be of interest to a certain 7 year old who has run his own "Recess Patrol" operation with a volunteer staff of 25 for the last school year.

Just sayin'. To invoke Annie, I think we're gonna like it here. :)

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG. Worth the wait!!!!! Are you feeling so excited now? Cuz I am!

Does Frank have one of those uber cool fridge-that-looks-like-cabinets???

McLeodx5 said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Soooo excited for the whole fam! Frank is AWESOME!!

Megan said...

So beautiful! I love it - and love even more that you love it. Congratulations!

Molly said...

Beeee-yootifull!!!! Frank will make a fabulous nest for the Smiley clan.

Beth said...

It's beautiful! With your own touches, it will be gorgeous, I just know it! As I looked at the pictures I could actually see your kiddos running through the house. It's gunna be perfect for you family!
Congratulations for finding one!!!

Anna said...

Oh Beth! Look at how pretty Frank is! The light! The floors! The ceilings! THE KITCHEN! Wowza! You certainly got a winner.
Hoping for a smooth move and settling in for you all.

Amelia said...

GORGEOUS!!!! Love the open floor plan! And it doesn't look dark at all to me. Sounds PERFECT. But I thought you weren't sharing names on the blog, or is Frank a pseudonym? ;) Cannot WAIT to see what you do with it. What the heck are the pipes for, is it some kind of nifty watering system that uses rain run off? I must know so I can make something like that for my house.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Love it :)

2Bugaboos said...

I can certainly see why Marc fell in love with Frank! (Wait a minute, that sounds wrong, LOL). Such a gorgeous house now getting a gorgeous family. I only have one small request. Can I come help you bake sometime?! :)

Gina said...

It's gorgeous! They do know how to build a beautiful house in the Midwest. It sounds like the perfect spot the family!

Beth said...

Aw shucks guys, Frank is blushing from all the love! Because the blog is public I am using pseudonyms, so Frank is his alias in lieu of an address. Wouldn't want some creepy dude showing up at my front door come Fall saying "Hey, nice blog! Have I got a vacuum for you!"

And for the record Amelia, I think those are some sort of venting system because you see them here for septic systems (though Frank has town sewer).

Rain barrels are on my to-do list though, now that I'll have a yard small enough to hand water, lol!